“A mud pie with a peanuty twist.
- 1 (20 ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Spanish peanuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crush all but 10 of the cookies. Combine crushed cookies in large bowl with melted margarine and peanuts. Press mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish and freeze until cold.
Spread softened ice cream over cold crust and freeze until set.
Combine confectioners’ sugar, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup margarine and vanilla in large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and cool completely; pour mixture over ice cream and freeze until set.
Crush the last 10 cookies (if you haven’t eaten them yet) and sprinkle over top of pie.